Save your file
- Save your file to guard against losing your documents
- Be sure and save your file on your Flash drive and not the computer.
Can I save files on an LRC computer and retrieve them later?
- No. At the end of each day, all files are erased from the computers, so any file you save on an LRC computer will be lost
- Even if your file is still there, you may find it difficult to reserve the same computer to retrieve work later in the day
I am only typing one page and I just need to print it. Should I save it?
- Yes! To guard against your document being lost, you should always save it
Backing Up Files
Backing up files
- Keeping a single copy of a file is taking a risk. If your single copy is lost or corrupted, your work may be lost
- It is a good idea to always back up your files (especially important ones)
- save on another computer
- save on a second, backup flash drive
- send a duplicate copy in your email
Flash Drives for Saving Your Work
Flash drives are sold in the RHC Bookstore, as well as most computer stores or stores which sell computer supplies.
It is worth the small cost of a flash drive to ensure your schoolwork files are safe, and saved when you need to work on them.
Saving Your Work on a Flash Drive
The first step after opening a new untitled document should be to save it with a file name.
See the following screenshots to save your file on a flash drive from the LRC computers.
1. To open a file from your Flash Drive: click on the Flash Drive icon on desktop.
2. To save a file to your flash drive: Give your file a name and choose 'Removeable disk' from the drop-down menu at top.