This library guide was created to help you with your research assignments for your ENGL 201 class. We hope it will be useful to you and we welcome your comments and suggestions.
Understand the assignment
What does your research require?
- A description and or definition of the topic?
- A history of the growth or development of the subject matter?
- Analysis of issues related to the topic?
- Taking a stand on an issue and providing persuasive arguments?
- Statistics, case studies, photos, biographical information?
- When is it due?
What types of resources must you use?
- Books, including encyclopedias
- Journals vs. magazine articles
- Internet websites
How are you supposed to cite your sources of information?
- MLA, APA, other citation style?