Library Hours Spring 2012
Monday-Thursday: 7:00 am -9:00 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 1 pm
Understand the assignment
Defining your Research Topic:
- A description and or definition of the topic?
- Analysis of issues related to the topic?
- Taking a stand on an issue and providing persuasive arguments?
- Statistics, case studies, photos, biographical information?
Types of Resources:
- Books, including encyclopedias
- Journals and magazine articles
- Online Reference articles
- Internet websites
Citing Your Information:
- MLA, APA
Sources for Background Reading
- Reference books; look at the table of contents and index for ideas
- General encyclopedias such as World Book Encyclopedia (in the Library) to locate a broad topic
- General e-books such as Encyclopedia Britannica to locate a broad topic
- Gale Virtual Reference Library for subject encyclopedias and reference books online
- Subject (specialized) encyclopedias from the Library - Reference Books area - Use the catalog to locate