RHC Policy on Plagiarism
“Cheating is defined as obtaining or attempting toobtain credit for work by the use of any dishonest,deceptive, fraudulent, or unauthorized means.Helping someone commit an act of academicdishonesty is also considered cheating. “
2. Plagiarism – taking the work of another andoffering it as one’s own without giving credit tothat source, whether that material is paraphrasedor copied in verbatim or near verbatim form.
*Rio Hondo College Catalogue, 2010-11,.p 38
Citing sources and creating a Bibliography/Works Cited List:
- Gives credit to the author(s)
- Illustrates your ability to locate & evaluate appropriate sources
- Provides evidence for the arguments and conclusions in your paper
- Prevents plagarism and copyright infringement
All Prezi and Video materials in this guide are used with permission from UCR libraries.
Your Friendly Librarian
Rio Hondo College Library