Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
An organized collection of records containing data (citations,
statistics, text, etc.) that can be searched and retrieved. The library
catalog and many online periodical indexes are examples of databases.
From the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, Andersen Library Glossary of Library Terms
- Databases allow you to find information not freely available on the web
- A range of sources are available
- Many sources are not freely available from Google, Bing, Yahoo or other search engines
- Articles are verified sources of information
- Subscription Databases at RHC are free to students