Skip to Main Content
Reasons For Faculty to Use Oxford Art Online
- Access authoritative, signed articles from over 7,000 international scholars, led by an esteemed Editorial Board and Editor-in-Chief.
- Bibliographical citations are easily searchable either independently or within the text.
- Enhance research and classroom teaching with learning resources and timelines, including resources for educators designed by the Museum of Modern Art
- Content is updated three times a year to reflect the latest scholarship, with new articles and images, revised articles, and additions to bibliographies.
- Thousands of images, as well as 40,000 editorially-selected image links to museums and galleries around the world, provide essential visual support for art history scholarship.
Why Students Want to Use Oxford Art Online
- Search thousands of signed articles and images on every aspect of the visual arts for comprehensive coverage.
- More than 500,000 bibliographical citations for further research and exploration.
- Precise search and browse capabilities allow students to refine by source and subject categories for faster, more relevant results.
- Three updates per year keep students up to date on the most current thinking by top scholars.
- Learn complex terms and concepts with bibliographies (Works Cited also known as References).