Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reasons For Faculty to Use Oxford Art Online
- Access authoritative, signed articles from over 7,000 international scholars, led by an esteemed Editorial Board and Editor-in-Chief.
- Bibliographical citations are easily searchable either independently or within the text.
- Enhance research and classroom teaching with learning resources and timelines, including resources for educators designed by the Museum of Modern Art
- Content is updated three times a year to reflect the latest scholarship, with new articles and images, revised articles, and additions to bibliographies.
- Thousands of images, as well as 40,000 editorially-selected image links to museums and galleries around the world, provide essential visual support for art history scholarship.
Why Students Want to Use Oxford Art Online
- Search thousands of signed articles and images on every aspect of the visual arts for comprehensive coverage.
- More than 500,000 bibliographical citations for further research and exploration.
- Precise search and browse capabilities allow students to refine by source and subject categories for faster, more relevant results.
- Three updates per year keep students up to date on the most current thinking by top scholars.
- Learn complex terms and concepts with bibliographies (Works Cited also known as References).