This library guide was created to provide information about the Rio Hondo College Archives.
Rio Hondo College
The Archives serves the Rio Hondo College community in the preservation of materials that are significant to the historical memory of the College.
Archives Mission & Goals
The Archives mission and goals are to:
- Collect, describe, preserve, maintain, and make available online selected College publications, documents, images, and artifacts that are of historical value and of educational interest to the College community.
- Serve as a resource to the College community to promote understanding of and education about the history of Rio Hondo College.
- Improve access to archival materials through a process of ongoing digitization.
Through its collection and services, the Archives promote the mission of the College to be a “collaborative center of lifelong learning which provides innovative, challenging, and quality educational offerings for its diverse students.”
Archives Collection Development
Items that ARE collected for the Archives:
- Education Master Plans
- Board Policies
- College Catalogs
- Course Schedules (through 2009)
- Accreditation Reports
- Photographs, image files, reports, and ephemera that pertain to the early history and the ongoing development of the College
- Artifacts that are unique and convey the history of Rio Hondo College
Items that are NOT collected for the Archives:
- Personal Papers
- Employee records
- Electronic records maintained by the President’s Office, Human Resources, and other College departments
- Board Minutes (maintained and held by the President’s Office)
Gifts and Donation Guidelines
Gifts and donations are welcome and should support the Archives mission and goals. The Archives librarian will determine which donations are to be included in the Archives.