Skip to Main Content
The College Archives
Definition of the Rio Hondo College Archives?
- A collection of historical materials that are produced by or relate to Rio Hondo College
- The historical materials include documents, reports, photographs, slides, etc.
Location of the Rio Hondo College Archives?
- LR 217, in the Library. The Library is on the second floor of the Learning Resource Center
- Contact the Reference librarian at x3484 to make arrangements to visit the Rio Hondo College Archives
When can I visit the Rio Hondo College Archives?
- By appointment
- Contact the reference librarian at x3484 or 562.908.3484
What types of materials are held in the College Archives?
- College historical materials such as: photographs, slides, college catalogs, college schedules, faculty handbooks, reports, etc.
- Local history materials. These materials relate to the communities that the College serves.
Can I locate archive material using the Library Catalog?
- Important College documents and publications have been cataloged and can be located via the Library Catalog
- Use the Power Search option and limit your search to the location: 'archives'
Are any of the College Archival Photos digitized?
What's next for the College Archives?
- Grant Proposal to fund a digitizing project
- Identification of people, places, and years of the hundreds of photographs and slides
How can I help?
- Volunteer to help identify the people, places, and years in the photographs and slides
- Contact Claudia at x3378 or a reference librarian at x3484